Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT)®
What is MAT®?
Muscle Activation Techniques® (MAT) ensures your muscles are all working as they should be, supporting a safer and more effective workout for you. Our certified MAT® specialist will assess your muscular system and perform targeted adjustments to restore muscle function.
MAT® is good for anyone who experiences:
- Pain from chronic stress or sudden trauma
- Limited range of motion
- Muscle tightness, discomfort, or loss of performance
- Tendonitis or arthritis
MAT® sessions are offered to our members in conjunction with weekly personal training sessions in order to create the best progress.
MAT® for Rehabilitation
Many clients come to us with injuries that prevent them from doing the outdoor activities they love. MAT® serves as the bridge between personal training and physical therapy, focusing on developing strength to reach your muscles' full potential. We recommend MAT® to all clients working to recover from a past or current injury.
What to Expect in an MAT® Session
- Range of motion tests. Your specialist will ask you to use your muscles to push in different directions, with the goal of identifying unbalanced or limited range of motion.
- Hands-on, non-invasive corrections. Your specialist will use his hands to apply precise pressure to your muscles. This helps reactive weakened muscles that aren't working as effectively as possible.
- Instantly noticeable results. While your pain may not be cured after a single session, you will notice better strength, flexibility, and range of motion right away.